Oh, gardening.
I love it. I love, love, love it. It is tedious and wonderful and boring and nerve-wracking and exciting and busy busy busy.
I do an early morning walkthrough everyday.
I check my sweet little baby plants, see if anything needs harvested, pull up a few weeds, and water every few days, depending.
Here is our pallet garden. It is in our driveway. Yep, we have lettuce and herbs growing in our driveway. That's a pretty big WIN if you ask me.
We grew mesclun and oh. Oh my. It is so delicious. We've had about 5 harvests (about 14 large salads' worth) and it looks like we'll get a couple more, though I've had to pull up a few bolted lettuces.
We're growing parsley (top left) and lemon basil (top right) as well as another basil (I forget the type right now...) in the bottom left.
Here we have more mesclun and more basil, some sage (bottom left) as well as two cilantros. Yum. I love having fresh cilantro.
Kraig has 3 pepper plants that are doing great. Here is chimayo
Poblano
and anaheim-
For the grand reveal, we've got our sunflower wall that is basically all volunteers. Woot!
Okay over along the fence we have 4 tomato plants and 2 cucumbers. We also had garlic that I already pulled up.
Here is our Green Zebra tomato
Cucumber
Early Girl tomato
Ananas Noire tomato
Ananas baby!
Early girl babies!
And our gorgeous sunflowers getting ready for their big moment...
Also these fuchsia flowers? I have no idea what they are or where they came from...
Cosmo bud, getting ready!
My favorite sunflower photos-
In our front flowerbeds we also have blue fescue, portulaca, bachelor buttons, and sage that are hidden behind and under all the sunflowers and cosmos.
I've also harvested a ton of lavender.
I like this gardening thing. Very rewarding. We have a modest start this year, and we've had a few fails (ahem, dill and kale), but we don't want to overdo it. I'm certainly learning as I go, so I am all ears if you have tips!




















No comments:
Post a Comment