Well, we scheduled our ultrasound! Only 3 weeks away... which I am sure will go quickly since during that time Kraig will be opening the new store, i.e. stressing out like a crazy person while having the time of his life, and working new hours. Father's day falls in there as well, which means I will also be stressing out about not having a car during the days leading up to it as I try to create a special day for Kraig. Weee!
The excitement this week has been that I can feel fetal movement from the outside (I had started feeling little flutters in the 11th week, and more definite kicks and rolls at about 14 weeks. I know, it's crazy, and you don't have to believe me but this isn't my first rodeo, y'know). The sensations in my abdomen are pretty strong but I was even more surprised that I can feel them on the outside, too. Kraig hasn't yet- not because he hasn't tried but because he has some sort of calming effect on fetuses. Seriously. Strange.
It makes me really happy that I can feel movement throughout the day (and night). I had felt pretty paranoid up until this point, like somehow I wouldn't be so lucky to have two healthy pregnancies/children. This is a pretty common concern for women who have given birth more than once. My midwife and I talked about this last week as well and she said she hears it a lot, too.
Other than that, I am breezing through this pregnancy. I feel comfortable so far, I take nausea and heartburn and dizziness in stride, and I'm not worrying about every little pang or symptom. I did forget how suddenly my blood sugar can drop- like every two hours or less, hence the dizziness- so I'm trying to eat, eat, eat even if it seems ridiculous that I'm eating so much. But overall this second-time-mama thing is pretty laid-back compared to my first pregnancy. I've thrown out the fear-based, ill-informed pregnancy books (*cough* What To Expect *cough*), I try to talk to positive, uplifting mamas about pregnancy and birth, and I am just trying to relax and be good to myself. I know that if something is wrong it shows up in spades, so I'm not as anxious as I was last time. So far, so good.
I'm way past the point of trying to squeeze into my pre-pregnancy pants, so I'm almost fully in maternity-wear now. Thankfully I was able to borrow some summer maternity clothes from friends (I had all winter stuff from last time) so I'm all set! It feels good to have clothing to wear that fits me well, even with room to grow. In my opinion, having nothing to wear and feeling like a stuffed sausage (or super frumpy) in ill-fitting clothing is one of the worst parts of pregnancy. Surely there is no other time in a woman's life where she goes through so many bodily changes and gains so much weight in such a short time. It sure is hard on my self-esteem, at least!
16 down, 24ish to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment