30 September 2011

Pregnancy: 33 weeks

33 is hitting hard.  Between SI joint pain (read: my hips hurt.  It hurts to walk and sometimes to stand.  Weeee!), sore abdominal muscles, and general hugeness I'm having a hard time getting around or sitting comfortably.  I also strained my lower abdomen moving furniture.  My bad.  Kraig was quick to remind me to wait until he is home for his help.  Will that deter me in the future from "doing too much"?  If you know what the nesting instinct is like, you know the answer to that is "likely not".  It's just a sore muscle, no harm to baby, though I have been trying to take it a little easier.

My chiropractor appointment is today and I fully expect to feel quite a bit better after that.  I know some of you who've never been to the chiro are rolling your eyes at me, and to that I say... that's because you've never been!  They are amazing.  Can't deny real improvement in pain :-)  I can't wait!

So, 7 weeks or less (or more... don't remind me!)  Remember how I said it was 50 days last time?  I really should count for myself before listening to SOMEBODY ELSE (I don't think she is reading this but if she is, maybe I just heard her wrong? :-P)  Anyway, it's really less than 50 days this time.  Promise.

I think our midwife appointment last week and getting some projects done around this house has really helped me feel like we're almost ready.

Baby Tiny is ~4.5 lbs this week- I think he had a growth spurt because he's very, very close to my ribs now.  Eek!  He's mostly just gaining weight and developing his lungs until the end.  Every day counts!

I met with my nutritionist/diabetic counselor for the last time this week.  My numbers looked okay to her- we identified a few foods (potatoes, beans) that I should really limit but overall I can slightly increase my carb intake, mostly when snacking.  I was happy to hear good news!  Looks like I will avoid medication! I'm very excited about that.  I'll have to see what my midwife says about another ultrasound though.  I *think* she'll want to monitor baby towards the end, but I forget what she had said about it pre-diagnosis. She returns from vacation this week and we have our next appointment on Wednesday.

My next hurdle is to "pass" my next (final?) blood draw.  I've been supplementing iron to treat my anemia, and if my numbers dropped from the last time (at 28 weeks) I'll be risked out (i.e. have to birth in hospital.)  I can't imagine that my numbers have dropped, though, and I generally don't feel as iron-deficient as I did previously so here's hoping my iron levels are good!

I may be sore and uncomfortable, but Kraig and I are both just so excited for Baby Tiny to get here!





No comments: