We had a pretty laidback Mother's Day this year. (Who am I kidding? Relaxing is ALWAYS our goal on holidays... and pseudo-holidays).
My boys let me sleep in, but wouldn't you know it I couldn't sleep. So I got up in order to enable Kraig to cook breakfast (french toast- again, our holiday go-to breakfast).
My sweet, sweet boy was eager to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and give me a hug and a kiss. Best gift ever!
After a family nap, we got ready to go to Starbucks for a little afternoon coffee.
This is not my espresso. Oh no, I indulged in a soy frappuccino thank-you-very-much.
We headed to Elephants Deli (one of our favorite though less-frequented spots for fantastic a la carte dining) to pick up some things for a picnic.
However, the weather was not cooperating so instead we stopped at Powell's so I could pick up a copy of Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth. With new book and delicious food in tow, we went back home for a picnic in our living room.
Like I said- a very relaxing, wonderful Mother's Day.


No comments:
Post a Comment